4.27.2010

Cutouts





Spring Hyacinth unedited: 4.23.2010; Rexburg, ID; f 2.8; 1/320; Sony DSC-W 120 Spring Hyacinth edited: Achieved full cutout by using the quick selection and lasso tool; refined edges on white




Retro Truck unedited: 4.23.2010; Rexburg, ID; f 7.1; 1/100; Sony DSC-W 120
Retro Truck edited: Parial cutout acheived by using the quick selection tool and lasso; refined edges on white

While editing images can be a rewarding process for many professions, I sometimes struggle. I am getting better, but sometimes I make mistakes and I don't know how to fix them. At first the truck was going to be a full cutout and the hyacinth was going to be the partial cutout. After using the quick selection and lasso tool I soon found out that it would be more rewarding to switch. After a long time I finally got the edits I was satisfied with. Even though Photoshop has been somewhat frustrating in the past I have found it easier and more fun to use as I use as I get to play around with it. While taking these photos I wa very calmed and impressed by the beauty of the things that surrounded me.

2 comments:

  1. That flower must have taken you forever. Good job though. It looks like you took your time and really did good work. The truck looks good too though I would have just used a straight edge for the cutout along the shadow rather than following the exact line. Looks like you had a shaky hand when it's just the shadow. I'm not sure it really matters though. nice work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your cut out photos! They flower was INSANE! That looked like it was so hard and probably took a lot of time to do. Great job! You must know what you are doing because it looks like you do! The truck is cool too. Because it is cut by the shadow it kind of has a tangent with the bottom of the truck. Other than that I really like it!

    ReplyDelete