
Tree branch unedited: I didn't do any edits to the actual picture. I added a new layer and filled it with black. I then used the rectangular marquee tool and added 100 px feathering. I then deleted that and decreased the opacity slightly to get my finished product.

Tree branch unedited: 06.07.2010; 8:00 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f 7.1; 1/100; Sony DSC-W 120

Romney edited: I created a new layer and then filled it with black paint. I then used the rectangular marquee and deleted the part I wanted. I then added stoke to the border and decreased the opacity of the border to show more of the picture.

Romney unedited: 06.07.2010; 8:00 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f 7.1; 1/100; Sony DSC-W 120

Garden Bench edited: First I added the sponge filter. I then Added a new layer and filled it with white and then put the picture on top of the white layer. I added a black layer mask to hide the whole picture and then loaded the thick and heavy brushes. I used the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th brush with white to bring back the picture. I then played with each of the brushes to reach the desired effect.

Garden Bench unedited: 06.09.2010; 4 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f 7.1; 1/100; Sony DSC-W 120
This was fun to edit these photos. My favorite was the brushed on effect. It was fun to be able to make a photo look like it was painted on the page. I also like the effect the burned border adds to pictures.

The border edits you had were really good! The white background went with the color of the tree swing, and the border on the firehydrant was also well done because the darks work well with the reds.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite is the fire hydrant photo! It is a really interesting perspective! I never knew the Romney could look so good! Also the border really adds rather than detract!
ReplyDeleteWow these borders are great! I really like the last one with the painted look. It matches the bench and really looks like it was painted!
ReplyDelete