5.25.2010

Action blur and freeze

'

1. Jeri Jumps!: 05.21.2010; 4 p.m.; Bannack, Montana; f 6.3; 1/60; Sony DSC-H50



2. Ghost in Hotel Mead: 05.21.2010; 1 p.m.; Bannack, Montana; f 8.0; 10; Sony DSC-H50; tripod; timer


The shot of the blurred action wasn't too hard. Before Jeri jumped I focused my camera and then pressed all the way when she jumped. Taking the picture of a "ghost" was really hard and frustrating for me. It took so many tries to get it to look good. I had no idea what I was doing so was grateful for help from my group. In the ghost shot I used a tripod in a dark room. I set my shutter speed to 10 and then set the timer for 2 seconds so I wouldn't shake the camera. Sarah then sat on the window seal and then moved half-way through the shot creating the see-through effect.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Jeri, she looks as if she is having so much fun! Also I cannot believe you got the ghost shot to work in that area, we tried for almost an hour trying to make that work. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete